One of Us Is Lying - Book review

Saturday 26 August 2017

As I've just finished the book and taken a few days to collect my thoughts and pull myself out of the world of the characters I thought I'd share my thoughts with you guys. First of all, let me just say THIS BOOK, I loved this book and I wish it could've gone on longer, I need more of these characters.

Beginning
I started off reading the book feeling a lot of similarities to The Breakfast Club (a film which I love) with the different stereotypes being brought together in detention, although as the story went on it was more murder/mystery.

Characters
I loved the way the author developed the characters and a few were completely different people compared to the start of the book. Addy and Bronwyn were my favorites because they became so carefree and strong slowly throughout their ordeal. The book is told from the point of view of each student involved in the story; I really like this style as it gives the reader a chance to get to know each of the characters.

Storyline
In terms of storyline, I thought the whole thing was very smartly written to include the plot twists and surprises throughout and I'm not talking just one big plot twist, these things are dotted throughout the novel, some much more shocking than others. This book will make you feel so many different emotions from happiness to anger to sadness.

Ending
The ending was definitely not what I expected in the slightest and came as a huge shock to me, I had my guesses throughout the book but I couldn't manage to pinpoint any one of the gang I'd just suspected different characters at certain points.

Overall view 
I will definitely be recommending this book to anyone and everyone who'll listen.


Purchase the book here

Let me know what you think,

B x



2 comments:

  1. This sounds like the sort of book I'd like to read!
    I also love the Breakfast Club film :) One of my all time favourites.

    Femenish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely worth the read!
      It's a great movie, also one of my faves

      Thanks for reading,
      Bethany x

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan